Tuesday 3 June 2014

Moo Shu Pork Tortillas (by Biggs)

Tonight I made tortillas from scratch! I know G has done that for years now but I've intended to do it since the begining of the year and FINALLY did it. I'm pretty proud.....they weren't great but I'm pretty proud.

Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad but there's room to improve. G had to answer about 750 questions throughout the cooking process and what I learnt is that if you're going to ask a question you should probably listen to the answer.  He suggested that 2 cups would make 10 tortillas. I instead made 12 so they were quite little. I also think I should have mixed the duck fat through the flour a little better and I definitely shouldn't have left them out to dry while I was watching Hell's Kitchen.

At the start of the year, when I initially decided to make tortillas from scratch, I chose a simple pork mix to put inside them. The moo shu pork is just shredded pork with hoi sin, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and spring onions.

The recipe said to serve it with coleslaw and tortillas.....so I did.

1 comment:

G said...

I thought the tortillas were good - bite sized. Being bite sized did not mean that I managed to get them in my mouth 100% of the time. The moo shu pork was excellent - especially with a bit of sriracha to pep it up.