Saturday 14 June 2014

Duck and Pork (by Biggs)

Tonight I met some friends at Depo for dinner. I've been wanting to go to Depo since it opened (exactly a year ago according to the complimentary 1st Birthday champagne we were rewarded with upon arrival). I have been for drinks there a couple of times but was super excited to upgrade the experience to dinner.

It. Was. Awesome.

We went with a two course wine pairing and all chose the bresaola of duck breast with duck rillettes, grapfruit and fennel for entree. Lightly cured duck and piles fo slow-cooked duck.

It. Was. Awesome.


Next I had the pork eye fillet with serrano ham, parmesan, basil, gnocchi, brussel sprouts and mushroom sauce.

It. Was. Awesome. Especially the brussel sprouts.


The photos are awful and really don't do the meal justice but they were taken in haste so as not to appear like a hipster douche Instagraming my food.

I'm hoping I get back to Depo again soon for dinner. Although after the wine pairings, champagne and discovering it was International Gin Day I have concerns about how I'm going to feel tomorrow.

No comments: