Monday 30 June 2014

Rump Steak and Things (by G)

I had a bit of a different plan for dinner tonight but some of the things I wanted were not available so I improvised.  The main thing was to use a ginormous rump steak that was part of my grocery delivery.

I seasoned the steak then pan fried it and brushed it with some garlic butter then rested it to grey perfection.  Earlier I had boiled some potatoes which I then brushed with garlic butter and baked in the oven. Along with the potatoes I put some garlic butter coated mushrooms that I later topped with a little gruyere cheese.

To add a little bulk to dinner I brushed some garlic butter on a rustic bread roll then toasted it in a pan - and for a little variety I softened some onions and added some little tomatoes. I didn't add any garlic butter, instead I added some liquid chicken style stock.

The steak got a little cold by the time it had been rested and plated, the cheese didn't add much value to the mushrooms but the onion and tomatoes were a winner.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

The onions and tomatoes were a winner. Delicious. The garlic butter enhanced everything. I loved dinner but have too run into trouble with meats getting cold while being rested. We best install some heat lamps.