Tuesday 10 June 2014

Turkey Tortillas (by G)

I had a brilliant idea to make tortillas out of turkey meat - naturally this is something that has been done before according to the internet.

I got some turkey breast chunks and flavoured them with a dry rub of paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper. After it had marinated for a while I added some lime juice and marinated it again. After a sufficient amount of time I fried the turkey pieces then rested them.

To the flavourful pan I added some sliced red onion, green capsicum and red capsicum. When the vegetables were soft I sliced up the turkey and added it back to the pan.

I thought the turkey mix may not have much flavour so I made a sauce from fried red onion, green capsicum, red capsicum, garlic, coriander stems and some mulato chillies softened in boiling water.

I thought it might be a nice idea to add a bit of freshness so I also made a salsa from coriander, cucumber, the capsicums, red chilli, red onion, salt and lime juice.

I won't say that the tortillas were so tasty that I forgot to take a photo, but they were pretty tasty (though the turkey was indistinguishable from pork) and I incidentally forgot to take a photo. What is shown below is a little bit of each element served - except the handmade flour tortillas.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Turkey? Well, that comes as quite a surprise. Damn palate.