Wednesday 25 June 2014

Party Pies and French Fries (by Biggs)

I had a GRAND plan for dinner but due to circumstance (financial incompetence) I had less than $8 to spend on ingredients. So, whilst I'm sure there are many fresh (and perhaps vegetarian) dinner options for $8 and less, I panicked and purchased party pies....and some oven chips.

Once again I'm going to gripe.....the packet said it should have been all cooked within 15 minutes but that was never going to happen, and I didn't believe it for a second. I'd love to see the test kitchen that can make that happen. G's suggestion is you're only meant to have a couple of pies and a handful of fries which would cook quickly. But, we partake in a different quantity of dinner.

Oh yeah, and we had a sausage amuse-bouche but that's a story for another time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The sausage amuse was amazing. This is the best party I've been to in a long time... yep, I don't get invited to many parties.