Wednesday 18 February 2015

Sausage Casserole (by Biggs)

G has been asking for sausages for a while now and, based on current budgetary constraints, I thought it was a fine idea.

I looked up sausage recipes on the interwebs and all the usual suspects were there - curried, devilled, toad in the hole. Then I noticed an Australian Women's Weekly sausage casserole recipe that sounded suitably average.

It was sausages cooked up in a mix of onions, vegetable stock, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Suddenly that sounds pretty gross, and the photo is awfully grey, but, dinner was good.

I probably should have organised some vegetables.....instead I served it with bread.

1 comment:

Tortilla Tuesday said...

A casserole with anything in it is great - anything with sausages in it is awesome, so you can't go wrong with a sausage casserole.

Stop the presses! We have our cover photo.