Monday 9 February 2015

Chorizo Lasagne (by G)

I saw Alton Brown making lasagne with sausage meat the other day and it inspired me. I usually make a bolognaise, which take some time. This seemed like a handy shortcut. It also occurred to me that I could use chorizo sausage - which is always a good thing.

This was a real shortcut meal. I deskined and fried the chorizo meat then made a cheese sauce using the chorizo fat, some butter, flour, milk and cheddar. Once that those two steps were completed I just layered it up with a jar of bolognaise sauce and premade fresh lasagne sheets.  The key is the layering meat and bolognaise, then pasta, then cheese sauce, then pasta and repeat.

Biggs commented that the result was very cheesy... that's just as nature intended. It probably had something to do with the packet of parmesan I dumped on the top before baking.

I had intended to make a salad to have with the lasagne but it turned out I had squashed the lettuce I had in the fridge to oblivion. I also discovered that raw vegetables are basically poisonous so we dodged a bullet there. Better to die from the massive amounts of fat in the lasagne than be poisoned by a vegetable.

Instead of salad I overbrowned some garlic bread - it came in a packet.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was cheesy. So very cheesy. So very very cheesy.