Wednesday 11 February 2015

Lamb Cutlets with Cauliflower Cous Cous and Mixed Veg Salad (by G)

I got a box of vegetables delivered last week and have barely used any so I thought I should incorporate some of those in dinner. I simmered the carrot, beans and snow peas separately in salted water and refreshed them in cold water to keep the colour and crunch. To the vegetables I added some tomatoes and olives and a dressing of grain mustard, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive marinade and olive oil. There are some anchovies in the fridge - in hindsight I wish I had mixed one of those through to add a little mystique, the vegetables turned out pretty well regardless.

The lamb cutlets were pretty ginormous - probably mid-summer lamb rather than spring lamb. I seasoned them with some cumin salt and griddled them up. The problem with the griddle pan is that it is almost impossible to over cook meat. I think I speak on behalf of Biggs when I say we like our lamb cutlets crispy and overcooked, so I bunged them into a super hot oven to finish them off.

The cous cous was something I saw on Knife Fight the other day. For someone who professes not to like that show very much I sure do lift a lot of ideas from it. The cous cous is just raw cauliflower blitzed in the food processor. The only reason to make it was so that I could use the food processor.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was the best thing we've eaten in quite some time. Not saying we haven't had good meals but this was a particularly good one.

Incredibly tasty vegetable salad. We should have vegetables more often.