Thursday 5 February 2015

Pork and Mango Curry with Puffed Wild Rice (by G)

I had something to do in the evening but still had to provide dinner so I hit on the excellent idea of making something the night before - that something was a pork curry.

Curry is a bit of a loose term because I forgot to add curry paste in the end.  Basically I just fried off some onion, garlic and chilli along with some spices - paprika, cumin, turmeric, garam marsala - then put some colour on the pork (pork rashers cut into cubes on this occasion).

Once the pork looked okay I added some mushed up roasted vegetables from a jar, a diced tomato, along with some vegetable stock and simmered it until the pork was tender and the sauce was thick.

The next night - to finish off the meal - I added some fresh coriander and chunks of mango.  I also puffed some wild rice, something I had seen someone do on 'Knife Fight', and oven baked some naan bread from the Indian store.

I'd have to say, the puffed rice and naan were excellent. For a Pork and Mango curry the curry could have used more mango and curry.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

This as a really special meal. Lovely, tasty, wild rice.

Right on.