Thursday 26 February 2015

Peppered Steak with Parsley Potatoes (by Biggs)

G is trying hard to try harder with dinner so I thought I should to. But, I'm still me (ie/ very lazy) so decided to search "easy but impressive recipes". The BBC Good Food website had thought of this concept before me it seems so I'm going to slowly work my way through the meals they have compiled.

I chose this one because I have a giant bag of potatoes available so it only involved buying some steak and watercress. Unfortunately the watercress only came in miniature form but I pushed on and mixed the tiny herbs with some grain mustard and balsamic vinegar.

The potatoes were boiled, fried then baked.....thrice cooked being the perfect amount of cook on a potato. They were then topped with most of G's parsley garden.

For the steak I peppered it then cooked it to perfection. Easy but impressive, yes?

1 comment:

G said...

Hey! I ate this. The potatoes were excellent - crispy and buttery. The perfect accompaniment to steak.