Sunday 22 February 2015

Scandinavian Seafood Platter (by Biggs)

I've wanted to cook a lobster for a while now so, this morning, I headed to Frank's Oysters in Woolloongabba to pick one up. Alas, Frank had 'gone fishin'' so wasn't around to service my needs. The seafood monger down the road didn't have any fresh lobster so I settled for some prawns instead and changed the plan.

I thought about doing a glorious seafood platter of fried goods but after a quick search I discovererd this little number. I'm up for any excuse for some smoked salmon.

The platter involved garlic prawns mixed with some dill, a slice of smoked salmon, a salad of pickled cucumber and a mustardy potato salad with capers. Dinner was served with a side of mayonnaise and rye bread. G commented that the bread almost tasted like fruit cake and he wasn't too far wrong. Other than that dinner was quite good.

1 comment:

G said...

Biggs was mercifully balanced with the amount of smoked salmon she served - too much of a good thing is sometimes too much.

Meanwhile, I think all meals should be a smorgasbord - as long as I'm not cooking.