Monday 16 February 2015

Pork Rashers in Quince Paste (by Biggs)

I thought I'd pull out the Pepper cookbook Bonnie got me a while back since it's previously served me well. This recipe caught my eye a while back....probably because of the pork rasher factor.

The pork was cooked in a hot oven regularly being basted in a quince paste glaze. The glaze was meant to be oil, quince paste and lemon but I'd forgotten to buy a lemon. Luckily Bonnie is a very generous friend and had at some stage gifted me a bottle of verjuice....a fine lemon substitute in this situation. The only other thing that was added to the pork was about 6 tables of black pepper. Turns out it was a waste of pepper as you couldn't taste it at all. Dinner was nice though, just not as peppery as one would expect from a pepper recipe.

I think we need to lay off the pepper anyhow because our grinder makes a noise similar to a gerbil being strangled which makes for some fairly traumatic dinner prep.

1 comment:

G said...

The pork was (sadly) not very peppery, but (happily) was not very quince - the pork was appropriately porky. I liked the potatoes almost as much as the pork.