Sunday 15 February 2015

Nem Lui Hue (by G)

In the spirit go making more of an effort with dinner I give you lemon grass skewers. I saw it on a Luke Nguyen TV show the other day.

The sausages are a mix of beef mince, pork mince, pork skin, pork fat, salt, sugar, pepper and fish sauce. All the pork products came from a bit of pork shoulder that I minced using the food processor, except the skin which I boiled for a little while then finely diced. After moulding them onto lemon grass skewers I cooked them over charcoal.

The bread rolls in the photo that look all professional and shit were made my me (well, mostly the food processor) using fresh yeast. The fresh yeast is supposed to take longer to rise so I made the dough well ahead of time, then discovered it was rising faster than normal if anything. I stuck it in the fridge to stall it a little, then when I was ready I split it into portions, flattened them out, rolled them into roll shapes then let them rise again. I bought a cool curved baking device with lots of little holes in it especially designed to keep the shape and help the bake on long rolls and loaves - it worked spectacularly.

The meat and the bread were excellent (in my opinion) and served with lettuce, herbs and chilli they were almost perfect.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I concur....this dinner was perfect. Perfect.