Thursday 7 August 2014

Alleged Gai Yang and Noodle Salad (by G)

I don't know why I'm alleging this meal is Gai Yang, if I say it is then it is. I guess I'm a bit concerned with people who know what this dish should be.

What I did was make a marinade with a shit load of garlic, lemon grass, coriander, soy, ketjap manis, pepper, sugar and some water - time was pressing so I didn't marinate the chicken as long as I would have hoped before popping it in an oven bag then oven roasting it (in it's individual halves).

The chicken turned out tender and juicy but, to my way of thinking, not flavourful enough.

I made a noodle salad almost exactly like the one from the other night except that I used thai basil instead of fennel - that seemed to boggle the Biggs a bit. The salad certainly wasn't as good as the other day. Whatever-whatever the dinner challenge is OVER!*


*There was not challenge, I was just trying to make things seem more dramatic by 'Iron Cheffing' it.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

It wasn't a challenge until I decided right now that I too am going to make Gai Yang and Noodle Salad....one day.....to see if I can make it better. Unlikely - this was really good.

The moistness of the chicken blew me away. I did notice the salad was quite familiar...the cherry tomatoes were the clue.