Sunday 24 August 2014

Chicken and Leek Pie (by Biggs)

Recently I discovered the brilliance of the leek and decided I wanted to use them again. The obvious choice was a chicken and leek pie. 

The chicken was cooked off, then the bacon and leek, a sauce was made with chicken stock and flour then thyme was added. Parsley was also meant to be added but I had accidentally purchased coriander....it gets me every time.

I brought the mix down to room temperature over and hour then left the mix in the fridge for the flavours to intensify. Once suitably intensified I topped the mix with a sheet of puff pastry and popped it in a very hot oven.  

Dinner was good. It probably could have done with some parsley but also could have done with some lessons from Buzz Feed: 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/23-ways-to-make-your-pie-more-beautiful#2t2ebgp

1 comment:

G said...

I had always imagined a chicken and leek pie as a creamy pie - turns out this one was not. It was good and savoury and the chicken was excellently moist.