Wednesday 13 August 2014

Lamb Butt BBQ (by G)

Being a public holiday I decided it was time to crack out the barbecue.  I found a lamb rump at the supermarket and was intrigued by it because I don't think I've ever cooked with it before - to hedge my bets I also bought some pork chipolatas.

Our barbecue is a bit hit-and-miss sometimes - luckily it was on fire this time... good fierce heat.

The sausages didn't take much effort - just heat them up until they were on the verge of being burned. The rump wasn't much effort either -  I seasoned it generously in salt and kept flipping it over the heat until it seemed about cooked. Part way through I sprinkled the lamb with some rosemary powder that I had ground down from oven dried rosemary.

I also smothered the rump in roasted garlic as it rested to give a bit more flavour.

The other sides were pretty simple - barbecued mini potatoes and corn. The corn was topped with roasted garlic and butter prior to cooking. I was pretty lucky with the corn and potatoes, they cooked through without really burning.

The photo doesn't have much visual appeal but dinner was quite the palate pleaser.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

BBQs are great. I like that the frequency of BBQs has increased in our household. I think it should increase more but I guess I have some responsibility there. The lamb but was perfection. Everything was perfection.