Sunday 3 August 2014

BBQ Prawns with Naam Jim and Noodle Salad (by G)

I saw Duncan of 'Duncan's Thai Kitchen' barbeque some prawns and serve them with naam jim sauce the other week and thought that would suit our lifestyle choice so tonight I made just that.

I probably bbq'd the prawns for a bit too long - they stuck to the shells a little bit too firmly. Never-the-less they were pretty good when combined with the sauce of lime, coriander, fish sauce, green chilli, garlic, salt and pepper.

Just prawns seemed a bit stingy so I also made a noodle salad of noodles, cucumber, carrot, spring onions, fennel (because I had it) - the dressing was pretty much the same as the prawn dipping sauce, though I did add extra coriander to the salad. There appear to be red things in the photo - I'm not sure what that is, I don't recall adding it.

The salad was the best thing - the prawns were interesting and good, but I was most happy with the balance of texture and flavour in the salad... even though I meant to add fried shallot and forgot.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I know what the red things are....cherry tomatoes. I noticed because I like cherry tomatoes but was surprised to see them in a noodle salad.

Dinner was great. Chopping on charred prawn heads is pretty satisfying. I think we need to up the number of BBQs in our life.