Thursday 14 August 2014

Pork Belly Roast (by Biggs)

I had the day off work today so decided to make a roast. And what is better to roast than a pork belly? The beauty of a roast is that they are incredibly satisfying to eat but very easy to cook. Dump it in the oven and forget about it. Unfortunately the second I 'dumped it in the oven' I started freaking out about the crackling. I worried it wouldn't crackle so I hovered about the oven for an hour poking the pork with tongs every 10 minutes.

I had some last minute genius and decided to carve the fat layer off the pork while it was resting and crackle it up in a VERY HOT oven. I'm not sure how I didn't burn down the house.

I served the pork with peas and little baby carrots cooked in butter. All in all a healthy meal.

It's terrifying how quickly G and I can put away a kilogram of pork belly.

1 comment:

G said...

Yep, I put away my share of pork tonight. It was pretty succulent.

The crackle wasn't a disaster - it was quite salty though, my heat is beating so loud I can barely hear the blood vessels in my brain bursting.