Tuesday 26 August 2014

Chicken Tortillas with Moroccan-style Salsa (by Biggs)

I love Moroccan-type flavours and couldn't remember if we had ever tried stuffing them into a tortilla so I gave it a go.  I mixed up a salsa of chickpeas, roasted capsicum, olives, red onion, cumin, lemon and the coriander I accidentally bought on the weekend. I was going to mix through some feta but thought that might make the salsa a bit weird so I served it on the side.

The chicken was coated with Cajun seasoning for a touch of spice and then baked in the oven.

I started toasting up the tortillas when suddenly I noticed the gluten-free "warning". What the hell had I done?! It turned out I had bought white corn tortillas instead of my favourite flour ones. That's what you get for being lazy and not hand-making them. Maybe next time.

Fortunately the corn tortillas really complimented the earthy flavours of dinner.

1 comment:

G said...

Somehow I think Biggs wouldn't forgive me if I accidentally served corn tortillas. Not to worry, the Moroccan fillings were something different and excellent - everything should come with a side of feta.