Tuesday 5 August 2014

Pork Rib Tortillas (by G)

This was not entirely a legitimate tortilla idea, but I figured Biggs would allow it.

It is some pan heated packet tortillas, mediocre salsa of cucumber, tomato, red onion, poblano chilli, jalapeno chilli, coriander, salt and lime juice and some oven roasted pork ribs.

I was a bit disappointed in the flavour of the ribs. I had coated them in a mix of paprika, cumin, onion powder, oregano, sriracha and lime juice then oven roasted them for 2 hours. The texture was great but, as earlier discussed, the flavour was a bit bland.

I understand Biggs may be preparing a pork rib meal some time this week, and I've just had another pork rib idea so I guess this might be the week of the multi-pork-rib-off.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Too right I'll allow it....genius, G is a genius. It was super fun to eat - using the tortilla as a glove to strip the tender pork meat off the bone. I also like that when G said there was only one rib left each he actually meant there was half a slab of ribs left each.

Mine are going to taste better.