Saturday 16 August 2014

Sausages with Spinach and Feta Slice (by Biggs)

We live next door to a child care centre. This isn't a problem during their nap time but often causes problems during my nap time. I was excited to read in the local street press recently that this child care centre actually  cook daily meals for the kid and are bringing out a cook book soon featuring some of the dishes. They had this spinach and feta slice recipe included in the article as a 'taster'.

I've been carrying the torn out piece of newspaper with the recipe on it around in my handbag for a couple of months now and finally decided to try it tonight. The slice has onion, spinach, eggs, rice and three types of cheese - feta, cheddar and ricotta. There was also supposed to be dill but there wasn't any in the supermarket so I went with ever-trusty parsley.

My tip is not to try and jam the mix into a small meatloaf tray. It didn't really fit and as a result we have cheese melted all over the bottom of the oven. I heard G mention he might clean it one day soon so I wasn't too concerned.

I served it with chipolatas because G seemed quite distraught the other night when we finished all the chipolatas. There were also peas....because I owned peas.

We'll definitely be buying the cook book.

1 comment:

G said...

The Spinach and Feta Slice was very good... I put away quite a bit of it, but my favourite thing was the sausages.