Saturday 10 August 2013

Cajun Chicken and Sweet Potato Salad (by Biggs)

Tonight Bonnie came over for dinner and I made my stock standard "friend over for dinner" fare of Cajun Chicken. It's literally oven-baked chicken tenderloins sprinkled with cajun spice from a jar. Simple but effective.

I also made a salad of spinach, bacon, fetta cheese, pine nuts and sweet potato. The sweet potato was sprinkled with cumin and oven baked.

Up until tonight the dressing was top secret..... however, it is tahini, honey and orange juice. Sounds gross I know but it's very complementary of the salty, sweet, nutty goodness that is the sweet potato salad.  

For dessert I made Chocolate Ripple Cake. If you don't know what this is check out the back of a Chocolate Ripple Biscuit packet. Turns out if you sandwich the biscuits together with cream, lay them out like a log and cover the log with more cream, after six hours in the fridge it turns into dense rich cake. I first discovered this cake about 25 years ago and it still blows me away with it's black magic witchcraft.

1 comment:

plasterer bristol said...

Yum these look delicious...