Tuesday 13 August 2013

Chip Butty (by Biggs)

Budget week continues with a chip butty....or two. I used about a quarter of a $2 loaf of bread and a quarter of a $2.50 bag of frozen chips. I'm no good at maths but that seems like pretty good food costs.

According to Wiki they are traditionally served with ketchup or brown sauce. I think the Aussie equivalent of brown sauce is that old school sausage sizzle ETA Original Barbecue Sauce and we surprisingly had some of that in our fridge.

I know this doesn't seem super responsible nutritionally but tomorrow is a public holiday so technically this is a Friday night meal where nutritional rules don't apply.

Anyhow, any meal with it's own anthem, set to a John Denver tune, is okay by me:

"You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Magnet
Like a packet of Woodbines
Like a good pinch of snuff
Like a night out in Sheffield
Like a greasy chip butty
Like Sheffield United
Come fill me again....
Na Na Na Naa Naa Naaaaa, oo!"


No comments: