Friday 30 August 2013

Lemon Chicken (by G)

I ordered incorrectly again.  It was pissing down with rain in Tanah Rata last night and I went to pretty much the closest place that served food.  I felt a cold coming on so I thought something lemony would be good to head it off.

For some reason I was expecting a sort of stir-fry instead of heavily battered chunks of chicken. The sauce was pretty sweet and almost identical to the (sugary) lemon tea I ordered (no booze at this place either), so not a good pairing - lemon on lemon on sweet on sweet.

The fried rice that came with it (not shown) was really good... just outside my all time top 10.

The napkin for this restaurant says, '.....a touch of nyonya & the best sizzling in town.....'

The best sizzling, why didn't I get the best sizzling (with a touch of nyonya)?  Maybe tonight.


No comments: