Saturday 10 August 2013

Last Minute Street Food (by G)

After Friday's effort you would think I'd leave the booze alone for a little while. All I can say is that I was much more restrained this night, though I did have about 8 beers.  I got a bit too comfortable and forgot to eat again but there was an open air market on the river that had food stalls so I picked up some Pad Thai and Samosas to have back in my room.

The Pad Thai was not excellent, the texture was good but the flavour was oddly fishy so I didn't finish it.  The Samosas on the other hand were excellent. No real twist on a regular samosa just potato and onion and flavour (one surprisingly had rice noodles in it but the flavour was the same).  I'm not really pushing the boundaries of Thai cuisine here - and I probably won't tonight either but I'm having a good time (and at this point I'm just grateful to be alive and in posession of all my posessions and with most of my mental faculties intact).


No comments: