Friday 16 August 2013

Vegemite on Toast (by Biggs)

After a day of sick, sleep and a whole lot of study, dinner was a slice of white bread, lightly toasted with a generous slather of Vegemite.

I have to finish an assignment right now but I'll update this post with some Vegemite trivia tomorrow. Or, you could just read the Vegemite Wiki page as that's as extensive as my research is going to be.

Update: What I wanted to say post-research was that the name Vegemite was drawn from a hat competition-style. I like that. But, from 1928 - 1935 it was renamed Pawill. Marmite was becoming hugely competitive in the yeast-spread market so Vegemite thought they'd drag Marmite down with the slogan...."Marmite but Pawill". Ha! That's the sort of stupid idea I would come up with and I am not a business mogul. 

 

No comments: