Tuesday 27 August 2013

Pork and Noodles (by Biggs)

I came up with a dinner plan on my way to work this morning walking through Chinatown. I decided I was going to have bok choy, rice and Chinese roasted pork. I walked excitedly into Burlington's, purveyor of fine Chinese roasted meats, this afternoon and the guy barely glanced at me before gruffly stating "no more roast pork".

So instead I had chum soy (an Asian green, not a dog food), rice noodles and marinated pork scotch fillet. I was pretty glum about the whole Burlington's "no more roast pork" situation as I was dreaming all day at work about the glistening deliciously sweet meat hanging in the Burlington's window. I took my disappointment out on the marinade and just tossed in whatever we had in the pantry without much thoughtfulness - soy, oyster sauce, chilli sauce, hoisin sauce, a bunch of stuff.

It turned out.....brilliantly! Sweet, salty, peppery, good.

No comments: