Thursday 15 August 2013

Stoned Dogs (by Biggs)

Boy, I can't wait until G is back and feeding me again. Tonight's dinner was mediocre at best.

Named after recipe creator Curtis Stone, Stoned Dogs are usually a household favourite. The man makes me cringe most of the time but he sure nailed this combo of sausages, cheese, Dijon mustard with capsicum and onions fried off in balsamic. Sausage and peppers is a classic American combination but tonight it all went horribly wrong. I'm not sure what the problem was. I didn't have any mustard, the cheese went a lurid yellow and the sausages were an odd herb combination so none of that really helped. But, let me reiterate....this was in no way the fault of Curtis.

The good thing is that Mr Stone harps on about how this meal feeds a family of four for $10 so it fed me for $2.50. And, because it tasted so average I didn't go back for seconds. Everyone's a winner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss stone dogs and Coles ads with the personable Curtis Stone