Saturday 31 August 2013

The Best Sizzle in Town (by G)

After a bit of a dinner failure the previous night I decided to return to the same place and try 'the best sizzle in town'. I can only now assume that Tanah Rata is not well known for its sizzling dishes because this was a disappointment.

Sure, it came on a sizzle plate but it was not sizzling when I got it and I'm not sure that it ever really sizzled.  The beef and vegetables were in a kind of savoury meat gravy that I don't think lends itself to sizzling and when it came it had cooled considerably and had formed a skin over the top.

That said, it was pretty tasty - the fried rice was not as good as the night before. It's possible there was also a touch of 'nyonya' in this dish but I don't know what that tastes like so I can't confirm it.



No comments: