Tuesday 27 August 2013

Vietnamese Fried Beef Salad (by G)

I had planned to eat at the night market but got myself into a money situation where I only had $50 notes left (almost impossible to break anywhere) so I decided to go to a restaurant and let them sort it out for me.

Given that I have been so close to Vietnam and won't get the chance to go there this trip I decided to go to a Pho restaurant and order up big so that I wouldn't feel like too much of a bastard springing a $50 note on them.

I ordered spring rolls, special Pho and a fried beef salad.  The spring rolls were doughy and not very good at all.  The Pho was good (the special thing was that apart from beef it also had pork balls in there) but I've had better. The real stand out was the fried beef salad.  Not too much too it, rare cooked beef, capsicum, spring onion, mung bean shoots and maybe some other vegetables dressed in a perfectly balanced Nuoc Cham sauce and topped with crushed peanuts... perfection....


No comments: