Sunday 18 August 2013

Pork Ribs (by G)


I was pretty tempted to make it a trifecta of fish while on Don Khong Island but decided I should make a change.  I had only seen 2 pigs on the island, but they both appeared to be pretty content with life so I thought happy pig ribs would be good.

It was not a great selection, the ribs were pretty greasy and did not come with anything fresh or crunchy to offset the fattiness. For some reason I'd also ordered hard boiled eggs to go with the ribs, it seemed like a good combo in my brain and it may have been okay had the eggs actually been hard boiled.  When I cracked them open they were hard boiled on one side and completely raw on the other side.  I have no idea how I could cook an egg like that if I was trying - maybe the cook learned to do them this way in a Masterchef masterclass.

Another thing about the ribs is that they came with two little forks to eat them with (which bent as soon as I tried to use them) - logically I used my hands.


No comments: