Thursday 18 September 2014

Airport Black Bean Char Beef (by G)

I have a tradition of eating at a particular chicken place whenever I'm flying out of Brisbane airport at night time but, possibly due to ongoing renovations to the terminal - or perhaps because it was too crappy to stay open - the chicken place has gone.

The crappy food options (and the point is to have something crappy before flying out to somewhere where excellent food abounds) were limited to wilted overpriced sandwiches or noodles. The noodle place has the tempting slogan 'We're still open', so how could I go past it.

This meal started off promisingly - cooked to order in a real wok, but was ultimately and satisfyingly disappointing. The beef was almost like ground beef rather than strips and the flavour was virtually non-existent. It managed to be both watery and salty and the noodles were pretty raw.

I could have had (probably) a decent meal at the pub there (I think it must be new - I don't recall having seen it before), but that would defeat the purpose of having a crappy airport meal.


I'm meant to be saving G a spot on the blog every night so he can catch up on the blog any time he finds some internet overseas. I of course immediately forgot. I think this was his Wednesday night dinner.
 
I'll try to do better - Biggs

No comments: