Friday 26 September 2014

Gyoza, Poached Chicken and Soba Noodles (by Biggs)

G is in Japan. 

I'm not coping well with the fact that I'm not in Japan. I thought making a faux Japanese dinner might make me feel better. It sort of did.

I've progressed from using up leftovers to just eating anything I can find in the house. I told G I'd clean out the freezer while he was away. I don't know if that agreement extends to me eating his groceries but I've found some tasty treats (and unidentifiable treats) and have decided to help myself.

Tonight's treats, that I felt could be tied into a faux Japanese dinner, include sausages (surely G wouldn't have let them slip....perhaps they're mine?) and a chicken breast (I know for a fact this is his because I recently sold it to him for a princely sum).

The sausages were used in the gyoza....painful little things to make! With the sausage mince I included some ginger, garlic, soy and sesame oil. Once wrestled inside the dumpling wrappers I fried them then steamed them. I was quite chuffed with the end result....they look pretty good right? They tasted just as good.  


After the gyoza entree I poached the chicken in a chicken stock, mirin, ginger, and spring onions from the garden.



All round quite satisfying.

No comments: