Sunday 21 September 2014

Wagu Burger with Fries (by G)

Sorry I don't have the photo for this one yet - I could get it, but I'm too lazy.

Between the driver's parade and the actual race at the Singapore formula one grand prix I got dinner. My experience from the day before had scarred me a little so I stayed closer to home and got a wagu burger from a concession stand in the pit straight grandstand.

I've got to say, the burger was pretty good - I forgot to get condiments so it was just the beef patty, onion, lettuce and tomato on a bun.  The meat patty had an impressive and tasty char on it given that it came out of a makeshift kitchen - the fries were much better than many you would get from a proper burger place.

There's not much else to say other than that I tried a lot of the concession stand food at the formula one over 3 days and this was about the best thing. I ate at Jamie's Italian a couple of times - the spicy chicken wings were relatively good vale (5 for $10) but lacked any flavour, except for crushed tomatoes. As for his pulled pork burger, the slaw was good - the pork was watery and flavourless. The equal best thing was the bratwurst I had on day one.

Photo added 2/9/15.

No comments: