Wednesday 24 September 2014

Moroccan Meatballs (by Biggs)

One of the things I had stored in the freezer for this period of cooking for one was a small amount of minced beef. I originally thought of a burger or some spaghetti but was keen for something less standard so decided on making some Moroccan meatballs.

I knew there was some couscous in the cupboard which would go well with dinner too.

The mince had fresh coriander as well as dried coriander, then some turmeric and paprika added before being fried off in balls and oven baked. The sauce was started with some patiently made confit garlic then had a tin of tomatoes, salt and pepper added.

Served with yoghurt and a sprinkling of coriander.... it was pretty good. I'm glad G wasn't home because I did a fairly piss-poor job of the couscous and he wouldn't be able to stop himself mocking me.

Readers Quiz: If you can name all the ingredients that were 'left-overs' I will come to your house one day soon and make you dinner (or you can trade the prize in for cold hard cash......would be worth a good $4 I reckon)

No comments: