Thursday 4 September 2014

Chorizo, Tomato and Sour Cream Bowtie Pasta (by G)

I had a similar, but different, plan for this evening. I'm feeling a bit poorly though - so I simplified.

Bow tie pasta with a sauce of fried shallot, garlic, chorizo, some Asian green (leftover), a sachet of tomato-y pasta sauce, fresh tomatoes (leftover), the rest of a tub of sour cream (left over) and some parmesan cheese mixed through - also on top.

I also served some garlic slices (from a packet) on the side.

The best thing is that, when I was self checking out at the supermarket I couldn't scan the tomato-y pasta sauce because it didn't have a bar code (I think it may have had a cardboard attachment at the top at some stage). I asked the lady at the supermarket how to scan it and she said, 'If you're willing to take it you can have it - we can't sell it in that state).  Mildly amusing story - not surprising I didn't share it with Biggs - she can be a bit funny about things that supermarkets can't sell.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Well, that explains why I thought dinner tasted fishy. I also thought it tasted buttery so I guess it all balances out.

A very satisfying dinner for a very frustrating day.