Wednesday 10 September 2014

Pizza Wednesday (by G)

Biggs and I used to have takeaway pizza quite often, basically every Monday. We nipped that habit in the bud some time ago so we haven't had takeaway pizza in a while.

For nostalgic reasons I decided to revisit the local pizzeria. I had ordered the pizzas about 26 hours in advance on-line then, at the appointed time, took a stroll up the road to get our pizzas.

The pizza shop was pretty busy - from what I could tell it was mostly people who had tried to order online but selected the wrong day, or time or location (apparently there is a branch of this pizza place near West End in Townsville and a lot of their orders end up there).  Not that the staff were entirely competent - they were trying to deliver my order to somewhere on Vulture street until I intervened.

The pizzas were fine and the quantity was more than adequate. We had a pepperoni, a supreme and a special pulled pork one. For sides there were chicken ribs (which I still don't know what are) and garlic bread.  The ribs were good, I didn't think much of the pulled pork pizza - it looked as though it had been assembled by a drug crazed orang-utan.



1 comment:

Biggs said...

Pizza Wednesday! There were no leftovers.