Friday 12 September 2014

Rice With the Lot (by G)

I was looking to do something simple and tasty for dinner - nothing says tasty like Chinese barbequed pork so I picked some of that up from the Asian butcher down the road.

Once I'd chopped that up and fried the only thing left to do was add everything else.

I had cooked up some extra rice the day before and frozen it to get it a bit dry - to get it extra dry I spread it on an oven tray and baked it on a low heat for a while.  Along with the pork I fried some defrosted green prawns from the supermarket (those guys really know how to defrost a prawn), some garlic, deseeded red chilli and pea pods.

In a separate pan I fried the rice until it looked good then added a couple of eggs and stirred that through - in hindsight I wish I had made an omelette separately and mixed that through because the rice got a bit dirty with the egg coating. Next thing, I added the flavour components to the rice base and mixed it through. Last step - add some MSG, soy sauce and oyster sauce.

The rice didn't quite meet up to my expectations but with barbequed pork you can't got too far wrong flavour wise.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Delicious....so much pork!