Friday 19 September 2014

Small Birds in Lentil Stew (by Biggs)

I was sooooo looking forward to tonight. Tonight, dinner at Fi's place meant three things:

1) It's Friday evening and therefore the weekend,
2) I got to appreciate Fi and Dan's new kitchen, and
3) It's the weekend.....did I mention that already?

So, Fi and Dan in no kitchen was pretty good but put them in a fancy brand new kitchen and they can produce some magic things.. They didn't even know that quail is my default celebratory meal, they must have just sensed it.

The small birds were stuffed with couscous, almonds, apples, bacon and some other treats then served on a bed of lentils and vegetables. I was pretty happy. There was a dedicated bone discard bowl which was satisfying.


Then this happened.....awesome, awesome kitchen.

No comments: