Tuesday 2 September 2014

Twice Cooked Pork Tortillas (by G)

I won't go into any detail regarding what this was actually supposed to be - what it is is some chunks of pork slow roasted in paprika, oregano, white pepper, cumin, garlic, dried coriander, chicken stock and a bunch of salt - almost too much salt.  After the pork was tender I refrigerated it over night - next day I chopped it up and pan fried it to try and get it crispy. It turned out a bit like salty pork floss - which is not a bad thing.

To go with the meat I made an avocado sauce with sour cream, garlic and red onion - and a bit of a salad with tomato, red chilli, red onion, garlic, coriander, lime juice and a touch of salt.

I had grand plans of making the tortilla wraps myself this week, but Biggs and I are on a spring cleaning blitz, which is both time consuming and tiring.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Salty and good. I liked that the innard meat fit well into the tortillas. I also liked the avocado but am still a bit sensitive about my recent avocado fail so don't really want to talk about it.