Saturday 20 September 2014

Yorkshire Puddings with Smoked Trout Cream Cheese (by Biggs)

I saw Jamie make these during his trundle around Britain in his mobile pub and thought they looked pretty crackin;.

The puddings are just eggs, flour and milk poured into a muffin tray and cooked in a super hot oven for 10 minutes. They didn't look quite right when I first took them out but they  were quick to collapse in the middle as per the plan.

The topping for the puddings was smoked trout in cream cheese with lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley. It was meant to be chives but I'm trying to be diligent with my leftovers so went with the parsley I had in the fridge.

I think there are going to be many more Yorkshire Puddings in my future. Boy, they were rich though. Lucky I had a glass of wine to cut through the richness.

No comments: