Thursday 11 September 2014

Hot Pot Stew (by G)

Tonight Biggs was out and about so it was an opportunity for me to use up some bits and pieces I'd been hoarding.

There has been a chicken carcass in the freezer for weeks - I oven roasted that and stripped off the little bits of leftover meat. Also from the freezer came a bag of the residual soup from the hotpot we had the other day - it had picked up a whole lot of flavour from all the meats and vegetables that had been simmering in there.

For a vegetable component I cubed up a potato, chopped some shallot and Asian greens - then I just simmered everything in the soup stock. Towards the end I added a little cooked rice to add a bit more volume.

Simple and delicious - pretty spicy too because all the chilli seeds had apparently settled to the bottom of the hotpot.

No comments: