Monday 15 September 2014

Fiery Black Pepper Chicken Recipe (by Biggs)

G recently introduced me to Stevie and Emma from the Spice Trip (via the television, not actually in person regardless of how much we'd both enjoy that) and last week they featured my favourite spice - black pepper. They made a few cracking dishes but the best looking one was a Cambodian chicken curry with peppercorns. 

The chicken was briefly marinated in ground black pepper, turmeric, lemon juice and salt while I made a paste from onion, ginger and garlic. Then all of that was dumped in a pot with some fried onion, toasted black pepper and water. 

While the chicken curry was simmering I cooked some rice and made up a quick salad of tomato, red onion, coriander and lime. The curry was then topped with more toasted black pepper. 

Not quite as satisfying as it looked on TV but it was nice and warmly peppery.

1 comment:

G said...

I heard a rumour that the chicken was supposed to marinate for a few hours so neither Stevie or Emma are responsible for any shortfall in the flavour. Not that it was bad, it was peppery. I liked the salad best, good tomatoes. They pair nicely with coriander.