Tuesday 9 September 2014

Chicken Enchiladas (by Biggs)

Enchiladas!

This recipe promised to be "huge on flavour and light on budget". I had my doubts but it all worked out. I bought chicken thighs not realising they still had bones in them. After a pretty shoddy job of taking the bones out I accidentally halved the amount of chicken I thought I had.

The innards of the enchiladas was chicken, sour cream and cheese. Because I didn't have enough chicken I was worried I overdid the sour cream but combined with the cheese it was delicious.

The salsa was made from onion, garlic, green chili and a big tin of diced tomatoes. I decided last minute to add some sriracha to the salsa....because I'm a genius. A bit of salsa on the bottom and a bit on the top, half an hour in the oven and magic happened.

1 comment:

G said...

Despite whatever difficulties Biggs may have encountered in preparing this dinner she came through with the goods.

It was a nice change to have a tortilla recipe with a creamy flavour and texture.