Monday 22 September 2014

Curry Egg Rice (by G)

I kind of though I would have myself sorted earlier after flying from Singapore to Tokyo - I forgot that Narita airport is miles out of the city and it would take ages to get to the city, then to my hotel.

As a result, it was pretty late by the time I got settled. For convenience I found a place nearby that served food and booze. The fried rice was made with sushi rice, which was unusual but good. The curry sauce had ground meat in it, beef if I had to guess.

The best thing, if only for the visual appeal, was the egg. It's a whole egg dyed to the colour of an egg yolk - I'm not sure how that was done.

I had a beer with dinner, afterwards I ordered a gin tonic. It was unusual to say the least - I think they had used a packet of lemon fizz or something in place of the tonic. It was not unpleasant, but it was enough to send me to bed to watch Japanese television.

No comments: