Thursday 22 January 2015

Bird's Nest (by Biggs)

Last time I went to Bird's Nest I 100% recommend that all 100% of you 100% try this restaurant. G hadn't yet taken my advice so tonight I forced him out of his couch and we headed here for dinner. It. Was. Good. 

G has spent a lot of his life in yakatori bars in Japan so knows a thing or two about what goes down....meat on sticks, that's what goes down. 

We ate:

Leba Pate


Tori Karaage

Tenderloin with wasabi mayonnaise


Thigh with shallots and chicken wings

Cherry tomatoes wrapped in pork belly, chicken meatballs and chicken tails (YUM!)


Lastly, chicken skin for dessert.


That's sort of a lie though, after a fair few beers and whisky with dinner we then had more beer and whisky after dinner and the inevitable happened late at night on the way home.....how sweaty and gross does this hot dog look? It was excellent.

1 comment:

G said...

Frick! I have eaten at a bunch of yakitori bars back in the old country but this was equally as good as anything I've ever had (in terms of flavour). The drawback, I guess, is the price - but that could be a good thing. If my wallet matched my appetite I would never leave Bird's Nest.

I think the after meal hotdog is wholly in keeping with the Osakan concept of kuidaore. I also had an after-dinner quicki-mart pie.