Tuesday 6 January 2015

Pork and Pickle Tortillas (by G)

I'm still working my way through my Christmas leg of pork - not too much to go now. Tonight I heated through and chopped up some of the pre-cooked pork and mixed it through some pickled garlic, chilli and coriander.

The tortillas turned out a little different to how I had anticipated. It was an organic evolution. When I started I was just going to pickle a chopped head of garlic, 2 green chillies and a bunch of coriander in a mix of white vinegar and sugar. To mellow that I added some apple cider vinegar. I quite like tamarind so I added some of that - then I thought I may as well go one step further and add chilli sauce.  The pickle turned out so substantial that I decided just mix the pork through and be done with it.  I had some yoghurt in the fridge so I added some sriracha to that as a bit of a drizzle.

I must say, this was an unusual but not terrible combo.

No comments: