Tuesday 13 January 2015

Hot Chip Tortillas (by Biggs)

I had this idea a while ago when we were all about the vegetarian meals. I thought it might be a bit like a chip butty but in tortilla form. And it was. 

I cooked up some oven chips, made a chunky guacamole and a salsa. For some reason I couldn't remember what was in a good salsa when I was in the supermarket....it's been too long. I went with tomato, capsicum, onion, cucumber, lime, chili and coriander. It was fine but I probably shouldn't have made 3 kilos of it....

I also grated some cheese and fried up some chorizo. Chorizo wasn't in the original vegetarian plan and almost wasn't in this one. Fortunately, when I freaked out having forgotten to buy any, G came to the rescue and found some in the freezer. How that snuck past our constant snacking I have no idea but I took fine advantage of it. 

1 comment:

G said...

This was a strangely satisfying tortilla variation. I think it was the texture of the chips in the tortillas that was most pleasing.

I had sriracha on mine, that was also a good call.