Wednesday 21 January 2015

Spicy Baked Sausages (by Biggs)

G was a bit frazzled after work so I thought I would treat him to a childhood favourite - Spicy Baked Sausages.

For the uninitiated, Spicy Baked Sausages are oven baked sausages filled with a tomato sauce flavoured with mustard powder, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.

Things that went wrong:

* I automatically bought pork sausages. This recipe is about the only occasion when beef sausages are more appropriate
* We didn't have mustard powder
* I couldn't locate our vinegar
* G has been drinking A LOT of Bloody Mary's lately so we also didn't have any Worcestershire sauce
* I accidentally purchased Mexican tomato sauce (what the fuck?!)

Things that went right:

* I accidentally purchased Mexican tomato sauce (that stuff is good!)

The spicy mix ended up just being the tomato sauce and some Hot English mustard but that worked out just fine....as did the pork sausages in the end.

I served the sausages with some fried potato, onion and garlic and peas. The potato was probably a little overcooked and the peas were probably a little undercooked but it didn't matter at all. Dinner was pretty great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cooking spicy backed sausages with pork sausages and Mexican tomato sauce was a revelation.

Mental note to self, "We should have spicty backed sausages more often".