Monday 19 January 2015

Pollo a la Cerveza (by Biggs)

Tonight it was my turn to make a meal based on title and description alone. I think I had it pretty easy when G challenged me to make Pollo a la Cerveza. You don't have to speak Spanish to know what that meal might involve.

My version was a base of garlic, onion and paprika, a tin of tomatoes, a bottle of beer and some chicken thighs. I wasn't sure what to serve it with so threw in some potatoes for good luck and sliced up a French stick.

Dinner was almost called off when I came home without tomatoes. It's about one million degrees outside so dashing up to the corner store was quite the challenge. Lucky I had beer in the fridge. In fact, halfway through dinner G accused me of having drunk all the beer instead of putting it in dinner. I cannot confirm nor deny if that's what took place.

1 comment:

G said...

I may have gone a bit easy on Biggs with this one - happily it resulted in a tasty dinner. I guess that was the ultimate plan for everyone involved.